There is a question that rises up in lot of people:
“How can create a great impact (in my work, in a product, in my life)?”
First let me show you some examples what have radical changes in our life in the past:
- Phone (Bell 1876) changed the way we communicate with each other, even when we are not next to each other
- Float glass (Pilkington 1952) made possible to build huge glass covered buildings, the manufacturing process prepared glass panes on molten tin in extremely cheap prices
- Light bulbs (Davy, Swan and Edison ~1878) improved the awake hours of humanity
- Antibiotic (Selman Waksman 1942) first ever agent, that inhibits bacterial growth or kills it
- Quantum physics (Planck) a completely new way of understanding small particles and their behavior
There is only one common in the above stories: they not only modified something but changed the rules we live.
We can improve a product’s quality, look, we can produce it faster, but the great potential is when we look at the core problem and step out of the box. If you next time face with a problem you would like to solve, do not forget to change the rules.